Wednesday 9 December 1970

Year Posts - Rationale

So how do I do these Year posts?


  • There are four type of posts
    • The 10 'best' albums of 19.....
    • 10 other interesting or comment-worthy albums of 19....
    • 10 tracks from elsewhere....
      • 10 tracks that do not appear on the previous two lists. We all know songs that are amazing even if the rest of the album isn't.
    • 10 Movies from 19....

  • I listen to every album I own from that year and rank them in relation to one another. It's an imperfect system, but it'll have to do.

  • It does mean that I have to listen to every album that I own from that year, and that's pretty cool - I get to listen to albums that perhaps I'd forgotten.

  • It's worth noting that I think that all of the albums that I listen to are at least alright. So even if the album is the bottom of that year's rankings, I still think it's OK.

  • I will, somewhere (I've not yet decided how), list the workings out of each year so that anyone else can see them, if they really want to.

  • That does mean that if you look and can't see a particular record that I haven't got it. I can't own everything. And fuck spotify (etc.).

  • Let's face it - this whole thing is pretty silly. The point is that I enjoy it. I hope that others enjoy it a little too. And perhaps argue with me a little too.

No comments:

Post a Comment