Monday 20 March 2017

Ten Albums That Impressed Me This Week (19/3)

Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain By Strategy


Album of the week. Utterly blown away by this again. Only his second album and already in total command. Influenced so many.

Tom Waits - Blue Valentine


Can't go wrong with a bit of Classic Tom Waits

The Beatles - Revolver


A perennial. Never fails.

Al Green - Call Me


Gorgeous.

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot 


Long time since I listened to this. I am often tempted to think of Wilco as 'one of the those bands'. I suppose they are, but that isn't a bad thing.

Omar Souleyman - Bahdeni Nami


I bought this at the same time as 'Wenu Wenu'. I think I am supposed to prefer that one, but I don't.

Gravenhurst - The Western Lands


I enjoy this a lot. I should listen to this guy more often.

Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger


Bella's favourite. My favourite of Bella's records.

Gene Chandler - There Was a Time


Very enjoyable middle album from Chicago legend. Check out the title track - holy moly!

Shabazz Palaces - Black Up


Recollections of the Wraith never fails!

No comments:

Post a Comment