Sunday 12 February 2017

Ten Albums That Impressed Me This Week (12/2)

Week ending 12th Feb 2017

Every week I listen to lots of albums - on average three or four a day. Once a week, roughly about this time (i.e. the weekend), I will note the ten albums that have impressed me the most. Usually, they will have impressed me positively; but not necessarily.

I may not make much commentary, if any. Although discussion in the comments is encouraged.

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy


Aside from 'The Crunge' and 'D'yer Maker', both of which I found a bit embarrassing, this album is a monster!

Nina Nastasia - The Blackened Air




Dire Straits - Making Movies


Romeo and Juliet - I need say no more.

Townes Van Zandt - Townes Van Zandt


I never fail to be blown away by this guy.

Oumou Sangare - Seya


A bit of prep for a piece I knocked up for Vanguard. A new album coming in May - that's exciting!

Supertramp - Crime of the Century


The right end of prog for me - Prog with a massive smear of pop thrown in. 'Bloody Well Right' was very enjoyable.

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds




Tortoise & Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - The Brave and the Bold


Not necessary the best from either BPB or Tortoise, but it has some very interesting covers on it (Daniel, Thunder Road, The Calvary Cross)

Leo Sayer - Endless Flight


A new purchase, and a risky one at that. On first listen it was a very pleasant surprise. Who knows if it will hold up...?

United States of America - United States of America





No comments:

Post a Comment